M. Longley Counseling & Consulting in Niles, Michigan is a general practice that provides treatment of diverse patients and diagnoses. We have ongoing relationships with local courts, doctors, and schools to help us better serve you. Melissa Longley is a fully licensed clinical and macro social worker (LMSW, LCSW) with over 23 years of clinical treatment experience and over 10 years of private practice service.
Exciting news at M. Longley Counseling and Consulting, PLLC:
We have made the move just across the street to 306 E. Main Street, Suite 240 in the same building as 1st Source Bank. From the contractors, property management, family, clients, and friends you all made it easier! Most of the office renovations are complete. The high ceilings, windows of amazing light provide warmth to a space deserving to patients and the important work we do. We are ready to serve you in the new MLCC therapy studio. Take a look and check back for more updates.
New Service Available at M. Longley Counseling and Consulting, PLLC:
We are providing HIPPA compliant tele-counseling to conduct in-home therapy sessions should it be required by quarantine mandate or requested by the patient. There are no additional fees other than your normal payment arrangement such as a fee or copayment with insurance. Insurance can and has been approved for this service. Please contact us should you prefer your session to be conducted via tele-counseling. This process is very simple. The provider will send a link to you, and we can be face-to-face with you, your phone, computer, or iPad, at your convenience, during scheduled times. We will continue to provide updates accordingly should the practice become exclusive to tele-counseling. We have made an extra effort to ensure the health of all providers and clients by maintaining a clean counseling office if you visit our offices in person. If you have any symptoms such as a fever, please stay at home contact your physician, and then call us so we can reschedule your appointment. Mental health, support, and our services will and must continue, and we will work with you one day at a time.
If you are a new patient, please call us today with any questions.
- Clinical assessment, diagnostic and treatment services for individuals and families with most common mental and emotional disorders
- Individual: men and women seeking therapy services for most common diagnosis
- Family Therapy: divorce, parenting plans, marriage counseling, and child/adolescent
- Interpersonal Group Therapy: for individuals with impaired interpersonal skills
- Reunification: counseling/parenting time recommendations for children and parents
- Substance Abuse Treatment: mild to moderate disorders including Relapse Prevention
All cases requiring advanced treatment intervention/testing are properly screened and referred to a PhD or PsychMD
Forensic Consulting Services:
- Court Ordered Substance Abuse
- Mental Health
- Domestic Violence Risk Assessments and Counseling
- Drivers License Reinstatements - Michigan/Indiana
- Court Referred Coparenting
- Reconciliation Counseling
- Witness Testimony Experience - Case Preparation/Consultation
- Pre-Sentence Evaluations - Misdemeanor
Mental health evaluations may be limited if advanced evaluation and testing is required
Michiana, Northern Indiana, and Southwestern Michigan
Clinical Supervision Provider - MSW and LCSW
- National Association of Social Workers
- AFCC -Association of Conciliation of Courts
- ROSC - Berrien County Recovery Oriented System of Care
- National BOARD of Forensic Evaluators -NBFE